Milky Bread by Chef Zakir from Dawat. This mouth-watering “Breakfast” recipe for Milky Bread can be prepared in 30 minutes and serves 2-4 people.
- Flour1 kg
- Salt1 tsp
- Milk½ liter
- Sugar1 – 1 ½ tbsp
- Yeast30 gm
- Butter100 gm
- Heat a little milk, now in a bowl mix together lukewarm milk, 30 gm yeast and 1 ½ tbsp sugar. Mix well till sugar is dissolved.
- Spread flour on table, add in 1 tsp salt. Make cavity in centre of the flour. Pour yeast mixture in centre of flour.
- Now add the remaining milk and butter to flour, mix well and knead to dough until dough is smooth.
- Put the dough in a glass bowl, seal using plastic foil. Keep in a worm place to rise the dough.
- Grease a small bread mold very well with butter or oil. Fill the mold with a piece of dough, make it sure the smooth part remains on top.
- Now press the edges of dough and spread it till the corners of mold. Now keep it in a warm place and allow to rise as much as possible.
- Brush top with beaten egg, now bake in a preheated oven on 240 degrees for 30 – 35 minutes.
- Make 3 small balls with the remaining dough, roll into knot form until these are 8 inches long.
- Now make it into rope form altering each other.
- Put on a greased baking tray, brush top with beaten egg, sprinkle dry sesame seeds and keep aside to rise for 30 – 35 minutes.
- Now put in a preheated oven and bake for 15 – 18 minutes.
- Make small balls with the remaining dough, brush each with beaten egg.
- Make breads of different shapes. Keep aside till rise and doubled in volume.
- Then put in oven and bake for 15 – 18 minutes till golden brown.
- Remove from oven and serve.