Cheeselings by Zarnak Sidhwa from Food Diaries. This mouth-watering “Side Dishes” recipe for Cheeselings can be prepared in 30 minutes and serves 2-4 people.
- Flour½ kg
- Cheddar cheese grated500 gm
- Unsalted butter100 gm
- Baking powder¼ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil to deep fry
- Sieve the flour and baking powder together and mix well.
- Mix the butter, a little at a time, with the flour to form a crumbly mixture.
- Add the cheese and mix well. Add water, a little at a time, to make a stiff dough.
- Divide the dough into 6-7 equal portions and roll on a floured surface into a circle about 1/4 inch thick. Use a pizza cutter to cut the circle into thick strips in one direction and then in the other direction so that you end up with small diamond shapes.
- Heat enough oil to deep fry and fry the cheeselings till golden.
- Drain on paper towels and store in air tight tin or box when cold.