Butter Puff Patties
Butter Puff Patties by Chef Zakir from Dawat. This mouth-watering “Side Dishes” recipe for Butter Puff Patties can be prepared in 30 minutes and serves 2-4 people.
- Beef mince375 gm
- Onion chopped3
- Green chili paste1 ½ tbsp
- Ginger garlic paste1 tbsp
- Turmeric½ tsp
- Saltto taste
- Oil2 – 3 tbsp
- Oilfor fry
- Coriander leavesa few
- Mint leaves a few
- Egg white1
- Allspice powder1 tsp
- Ingredients for Dough
- Flour1 cup
- Salt1 tsp
- Butter25 gm
- Cumin seeds1 tsp
- Ghee½ cup
- Rice flour½ cup
- Egg yolk1
- For filling heat 2 – 3 tbsp oil in a wok, add 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste and 1 ½ tbsp green chili paste. Fry very well.
- Now add 375 gm mince, salt to taste, ½ tsp turmeric and fry well till water dries.
- Add in 3 finely chopped onions and continue to cook on high flame.
- Cook till mince is done, remove from fire, add coriander leaves, mint leaves, 1 egg, 1 egg white and 1 tsp all spice powder.
- Mix well and keep it aside.
- For dough mix together 1cup flour, 1 tsp salt, 25 gm butter, 1 tsp cumin seeds and 1 egg yolk, mix well and knead to dough with water as required.
- Keep aside till dough is fluffy. Make 6 – 7 balls with the dough.
- Roll each ball, spread a little ghee on top of each roti, then sprinkle rice flour, fold to make it half-moon shape.
- Again spread a little ghee and then sprinkle with rice flour. Fold to make it into quarter-moon shape.
- Now make each roti into ball again, then roll into square shape. Spread mince filling on roti, top with the other piece, press the edges with a fork to seal it properly. Similarly make the patties with other balls.
- Lastly deep fry the patties till golden brown and crisp.
- Remove from oil and serve with ketchup.